Registration is open! Click below to register.
GSMTR 2023 Driver Registration
The 32nd annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride will be held June 15th through 17th 2023 at Windrock OHV park in Oliver Springs Tennessee. Windrock has over 300 miles of trails and covers over 72,000 acres. Whether you’re a beginner or a hard core offroader, Windrock has something for you. We will offer guided rides Thursday, Friday & Saturday. For the more adventurous, you are welcome to hit the trails on your own. Windrock has multiple cabins available for rent as well as RV camping with full hookups. Visit www.windrockpark.com for more information about camping and trail use fees.
Drivers registration covers one driver and one vehicle and includes the following:
- Event goodie bag
- Event sticker
- Event patch
- Event Shirt
- Driver’s raffle ticket
- Primitive camping inside the event area Wed – Sun
- Thursday night tacos, Friday night burgers & hotdogs and Saturday night BBQ dinner catered by Buddy’s BBQ
Any guests bringing their own vehicle to be used on the trails needs to register as a driver.
Please read the following additional important information about GSMTR 2023:
- Raffle tickets will only be sold to registered drivers and their guests. Raffle tickets can be purchased during checkout and are also available for $1.00 each at the event.
- You will be required to pay Windrock for the daily use fees for you and your guest for the trails. These fees are not included in your registration.
- To see trail use fees, visit https://windrockpark.com/general-store
- Meal tickets for guests 12 and older are $30.00 each which includes Thursday Tacos, Friday Burgers & Hotdogs and Saturday BBQ night meals.
- A meal ticket for Saturday BBQ night meal only is also available for $18.00.
- Children 11 and under are free.
- Additional event shirts can also be purchased for $20.00 each.
- All drivers will receive 1 meal wristband for Thurs, Fri & Sat.
- Guests who purchased a meal pass will also receive a meal wristband.
- You will not be allowed to eat at meals without the required wristband.
- Contact Andy Scott at email@example.com with any questions.
- No cancellations will be accepted after May 12th 2023. **A 10% cancellation fee will apply to all cancellations to cover associated fees.
- If you would like to come early or stay late, Windrock is open 24/7 365 days a year.
- The event camping area will not be open until Wednesday June 14th. The event camping area must be vacated by 11:00 AM Sunday June 18th. If you plan to arrive early, you will be responsible for any camping costs prior to Wednesday. Let the campground know that you are there for GSMTR and they will direct you to set up camp inside the event area.
- Please note that all GSMTR registration fees must be paid in advance via PayPal.
- No other form of payment for online registration is accepted.
- Registration closes Sunday May 7th 2023.
- Walk up registration is allowed but we cannot guarantee that you will receive all drivers items.
GSMTR 2023 Details
General Rules and Information
Please use low headlight beams only when entering the camping area!! Drive slowly, make no dust and watch for children and dogs. Observe the park’s 15 MPH speed limit on Park Road and 5 MPH inside the event area. Please respect quiet time after 11:00 pm. Please avoid driving in the mud or grass inside the campground and around the pavilion.
All times listed are Eastern Time (ET)
Guided Trail Rides
We will have easy, moderate & difficult rides for the guided trail ride options. Easy rides are for newer drivers or for those wanting to ride stock friendly trails and do some “sight-seeing” rather than test their rigs on the rocks. Moderate rides will typically require a rear locker (can be substituted with driver skill and/or winch), winch, sliders, and other vehicle modifications. Difficult rides are for more experienced drivers and will require at least a 35” tire, sliders, skid plates, lockers & a winch.
Easy rides will line up at the blue flags.
Moderate ride will line up at the red flags.
Difficult rides will line up at the black flags.
If you would like to volunteer to be a trail leader or tail gunner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org there are perks to volunteering.
- Please sign up for guided rides using the sign up sheets at the pavilion the day before so we can coordinate enough trail leaders.
- Please show up with a full tank of fuel, Windrock Park ride passes, and enough food and drinks for the entire day as these are all day rides.
- Line up at the appropriate flag for the ride you have chosen prior to the drivers meeting. Drivers meetings are at 9:30 AM in the pavilion. Rides depart promptly at 10:00 AM
- Our trail leaders are experienced wheelers, so if you are new or inexperienced they will help spot you through any rough spots, and if needed will help winching, etc.
- Have some sort of 2 way radio for communication. Ham or GMRS is preferred. The club has a few loaner radios for drivers who may need one.
- Fuel is available in Oliver Springs or at the Windrock Park General Store which is a 10 minute ride (one way) from camp.
Schedule of Events
Check-in/safety inspection is required for all vehicles and is available during check in from 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
Every Day/Night Events
9:00 am – 10:00 am; 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Check-in/Safety Inspection at the Pavilion
Wednesday, June 14th
Event area opens for campers to set up camp.
Thursday, June 15th
- 10:00 am Guided Trail Rides Depart (9:30 a.m. Drivers’ Meeting)
- 7:00 pm Tacos and Refreshments at the Pavilion*
Friday, June 16th
- 10:00 am Guided Trail Rides Depart (9:30 am Drivers’ Meeting)
- 7:00 pm Cookout at the Pavilion (hamburgers, hot dogs, and refreshments)*
- Live music by Gert Arwood & the Centennials
Saturday, June 17th
• 8:00 am. Bring your ez up tent & a table and sell your Toyota items at the GSMTR Swap Meet. The Swap Meet will take place in front of the pavilion. All swap meet items must be removed by 5:00 PM
- 9:00 am Guided ride to Brushy Mountain State Pen Departs. We’ll eat lunch at the restaurant there and tour the prison. Details for the prison costs can be found at www.tourbrushy.com
- 10:00 am guided rides depart. (9:30 am drivers meeting)
- 6:00 pm Buddy’s BBQ Dinner*
- 8:00 pm Charity Raffle Begins. Bring your tickets! You must be present to win.
Sunday, June 18th
Most folks pack up and hit the road. You may ride trails but you must be out of the group camping area Sunday morning by 11:00 am. You may move to the parks camping area and pay the park for additional days of camping if you wish to stay. Please also remember to remove all trash from your camping area. There is a dumpster at the gate just outside of the event area.
* We like dogs but please leave them at your campsite during meals, Thanks
** In order to control our cost and in accordance with TLCA event rules, in the event of a request for a refund, the Southeast Toyota Land Cruiser Association shall enforce a policy of charging a 10 percent service fee for all registration refund requests. This fee will be charged in all cases of cancellation. There will also be no refunds of membership dues. The final date to request a refund will be 30 days prior to the first scheduled day of the event.