Registration opens March 1st 2023.
The 32nd annual Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride will be held June 15th through 17th 2023 at Windrock OHV park in Oliver Springs Tennessee. Windrock has over 300 miles of trails and covers over 72,000 acres. Whether you’re a beginner or a hard core offroader, Windrock has something for you. We will offer guided rides Thursday, Friday & Saturday. For the more adventurous, you are welcome to hit the trails on your own. Windrock has multiple cabins available for rent as well as RV camping with full hookups. Visit www.windrockpark.com for more information about camping and trail use fees.
The drivers registration covers one driver and one vehicle. Guests may be added to a driver registration if they are riding with the driver on the trails and camping with the driver.
Any guests bringing their own vehicle to be used on the trails needs to register as a driver.
Your $90.00 drivers registration covers one vehicle, along with a tent or camper in the event area Wednesday through Sunday morning.
- Drivers event shirt
- Event goodie bag
- Event sticker
- Event patch
- Driver’s raffle ticket
- Thursday night tacos, Friday night burgers & hotdogs and Saturday night BBQ dinner catered by Buddy’s Barbeque
- Primitive camping inside the event area Wed – Sun.
Please read the following additional important information about GSMTR 2023:
- Raffle tickets will only be sold to registered drivers and their guests. Raffle tickets can be purchased during checkout and are also available for $1.00 each at the event.
- You will be required to pay Windrock for the daily use fees for you and your guest for the trails. To see this information visit www.windrockpark.com/getting-started
- Meal tickets for guests 13 and older are $30.00 each which includes Thursday, Friday and Saturday night meals.
- Children 12 and under are free.
- Additional event shirts can also be purchased for $20.00 each.
- All registered guest will receive an event wristband. Wristbands must be worn at all times during the event. You will not be allowed to eat at meals or buy raffle tickets without the required wristband.
- Contact Andy Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. No cancellations will be accepted after May 12th 2023. **A 10% cancellation fee will apply to all cancellations to cover associated fees.
- If you would like to come early or stay late, Windrock is open 24/7 365 days a year. The event camping area will not be open until Wednesday June 14th. The event camping area must be vacated by 11:00 AM Sunday June 18th. If you plan to arrive early, you will be responsible for any camping costs prior to Wednesday. Let the campground know that you are there for GSMTR and they will direct you to set up camp inside the event area.
- Please note that all GSMTR registration fees must be paid in advance via PayPal.
- No other form of payment for registration will be accepted.
- Registration closes Friday May 5th 2023 at 11:00 PM EST
- Walk up registration is allowed but we cannot guarantee that you will receive a shirt and or goodie bag.
GSMTR 2023 Details
General Rules and Information
Please use low headlight beams only when entering the camping area!! Drive slowly, make no dust and watch for children and dogs. Observe the park’s 15 MPH speed limit on Park Road and 5 MPH inside the event area. Please respect quiet time after 11:00 pm.
Please avoid driving in the mud or grass inside the campground.
All times listed are Eastern Time (ET)
Guided Trail Rides
We will have easy rides and moderate rides for the guided trail ride options. Easy rides are for newer drivers or for those wanting to ride stock friendly trails and do some “sight-seeing” rather than test their rigs on the rocks. Moderate rides will typically require a rear locker (can be substituted with driver skill and/or winch), winch, sliders, and other vehicle modifications. The easy ride will line up at the blue flag. The moderate ride will line up at the red flag. Difficult ride will line up at the black flag. For those who would like to join, please use the sign up boards at the pavilion the night prior to the ride.
Guided Ride Procedures
- Please ensure you sign up for a ride at the pavilion the day before so we can coordinate enough trail leaders.
- Line up at the appropriate flag for the ride you have chosen prior to the drivers meeting. Drivers meetings are at 9:30 AM in the pavilion. Rides depart promptly at 10:00 AM
- Our trail leaders are experienced wheelers, so if you are new or inexperienced they will help spot you through any rough spots, and if needed will help winching, etc.
- Please show up with a full tank of fuel, Windrock Park ride passes, and enough food and drinks for the entire day as these are all day rides. Fuel is available in Oliver Springs or at the Windrock Park General Store which is a 10 minute ride (one way) from camp.
- Check-in/safety inspection is required for all vehicles and is available during check in from 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
Schedule of Events
Every Day/Night Events
9:00 am – 10:00 am; 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Check-in/Safety Inspection at the Pavilion
Wednesday, June 14th
Event area opens for campers to set up camp.
Thursday, June 15th
- 10:00 am Guided Trail Rides Depart (9:30 a.m. Drivers’ Meeting)
- 7:00 pm Tacos and Refreshments at the Pavilion*
Friday, June 16th
- 10:00 am Moderate Guided Trail Rides Depart (9:30 am Drivers’ Meeting)
- 7:00 pm Cookout at the Pavilion (hamburgers, hot dogs, and refreshments)*
- Band at pavilion
Saturday, June 17th
- 9:00 am Guided ride to Brushy Mountain State Pen Departs. We’ll eat lunch at the restaurant there and tour the prison. Detail for the prison can be found at www.tourbrushy.com
- 6:00 pm Buddy’s BBQ Dinner*
- 8:00 pm Charity Raffle Begins! You must be present to win
Sunday, June 18th
Most folks pack up and hit the road. You may ride trails but you must be out of the group camping area Sunday morning by 11:00 am. You may move to the parks camping area and pay the park for additional days of camping if you wish to stay. Please also remember to remove all trash from your camping area. There is a dumpster at the gate just outside of the event area.
* We like dogs but please leave them at your campsite during meals, Thanks
** In order to control our cost and in accordance with TLCA event rules, in the event of a request for a refund, the Southeast Toyota Land Cruiser Association shall enforce a policy of charging a 10 percent service fee for all registration refund requests. This fee will be charged in all cases of cancellation. There will also be no refunds of membership dues. The final date to request a refund will be 30 days prior to the first scheduled day of the event.